moderated Re: Windows 10 question

Steve Matzura

There's nothing to check. Updates are no longer an option in Windows 10. That is, you can't say you don't want them. The best you can cd is pause them for seven days.

On 7/14/2020 4:23 PM, Madison Martin wrote:
How do I check to see if automatic updates are inabled?

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joseph Lee
Sent: July 14, 2020 3:21 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Windows 10 question

Hi,
The fastest way to find out what Windows 10 release you are using is: Start
menu, type "winver" (without quotes) and press Enter. Listen to the line that
starts with "Version".
As for automatic updates: yes, it is advised to keep this enabled. In the past,
people gave conflicting advice in regards to keeping automatic updates on or
off, mainly because of concern that you may find yourself upgraded to more
recent Windows 10 release (termed "feature updates"). Times have changed since
then - Microsoft will not install new Windows 10 feature updates (releases)
unless your system (hardware and software) is deemed compatible with the new
update.
Although the following will not directly address automatic updates question
posed, it provides a short overview on what is happening with feature updates
(source: the Win10 forum I mentioned earlier):
https://win10.groups.io/g/win10/message/45181?p=,,,100,0,0,0::Created,,featu
re+updates,100,2,0,74554449
Cheers,
Joseph