moderated Re: clock question

Mike B

No not exactly but, since she couldn't get to the control panel there's a link that'll open up control panel options to change the date and time by tabbing to them.

From: Joseph Lee
Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2020 12:52 PM
Subject: Re: clock question

Hi,

Region subcategory does not let you change date – rather, it controls how certain things are displayed depending on where you live (commonly called a “locale”).

To change date and time manually (and I’ll introduce you to shorthands):

  1. Open Settings (Windows+I).
  2. Go to Time and Date/Date and Time (notice the shorthand; basically, you would select the first item, then select the next item).
  3. Turn off “Set time automatically".
  4. Click (select) “Set the date and time manually".
  5. From “Change date and time” window, move through controls and select the actual month, date, year, hour, minute, and period (AM or PM).
  6. Click “Change” button.

Try pressing JAWS Key+F12 (or twice) to make sure what you set is kept. If it didn’t, as folks noted, this is a hardware issue.

Cheers,

Joseph