moderated Re: Sound Card Question Windows 10

Randy Barnett

You have to unload Jaws and reload it it's been doing this for years. If you make any change in control panel this is what you have to do and then jobs will go back to your selected device within jaws itself.

Randy Barnett

On Jul 14, 2020, at 8:03 AM, Dan Longmore <danlongmore44@...> wrote:

Hi,

  Yes, what you want to do is possible.  Not sure why you are having this situation.

Dan

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Randy Meyer
Sent: Monday, July 13, 2020 8:42 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Sound Card Question Windows 10

I am using latest Jaws 2020 and windows 10.  I have my sound blaster card selected in Jaws, but when I go to sound settings in windows and change to a different sound card, I lose Jaws speech.

I thought if I specifically selected the sound blaster card in Jaws, and not the windows default sound, Jaws would always speak through the sound blaster card, regardless of selection in windows 10 sound settings.

I am trying to route Jaws to the sound blaster card and other sounds to the built in realtek sound card.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Also, when I plug in any new sound output device, such as a camera, windows 10 makes this the active sound output device, effectively turning off Jaws speech.

Randy Meyer