moderated JAWS and Zoom

Rick Miller

Dear Listers:

I am taking part in a class at church via Zoom.  I know how to join a meeting and how to mute and unmute my microphone, but there are a few things I am having problems with.  First, when you join a meeting, how do you get to the Gallery view using JAWS?  Also, when I get to the list of participants JAWS won’t read the list whenever I arrow up and down.  Also, I know there is a spot where it says, “Find a participant.”  I assume you enter the person’s name and then the person’s name will show.  But if you want to send a message to that participant, how do you do it?  Whenever I find the “Find Participant,” link and enter the person’s name, when I tab again it just gives me the option to either clear the search or cancel.  So what does this mean?

Rick Miller