From: "Randy Meyer" <randymeyer@...>
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, July 13, 2020 8:41 PM
Subject: Sound Card Question Windows 10

I am using latest Jaws 2020 and windows 10. I have my sound blaster card
selected in Jaws, but when I go to sound settings in windows and change to a
different sound card, I lose Jaws speech.

I thought if I specifically selected the sound blaster card in Jaws, and not
the windows default sound, Jaws would always speak through the sound blaster
card, regardless of selection in windows 10 sound settings.

I am trying to route Jaws to the sound blaster card and other sounds to the
built in realtek sound card.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Also, when I plug in any new sound output device, such as a camera, windows
10 makes this the active sound output device, effectively turning off Jaws
speech.

Randy Meyer