moderated Re: How To Put Zoom Icon On Desktop

On Mon, Jul 13, 2020 at 01:58 PM, Bill White wrote:
This worked for me with the Zoom app, but it doesn't always work,
Yep.  Your original method is completely independent of the app (whether desktop or store) to which you wish to place a desktop shortcut.  That's the set of steps I always give.

There is very often more than one way to do something under Windows, and on many occasions all those ways give exactly the same result, but there are also occasions where they do not.  When I know that's the case, I'll always give the instruction set that always works, even if there's an extra step or two involved.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss