moderated Re: Sharing audio sound Zoom with JAWS2020

JM Casey

Problem is Shai wants to share audio and not just video. That means JAWS can't be on the same output as allt he other audio, and Zoom has to know the difference.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tom Behler
Sent: July 11, 2020 4:47 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Sharing audio sound Zoom with JAWS2020

Shai:

I use a USB headset when doing Zoom meetings, so Jaws won't be heard by other meeting participants.

If you use the USB headset, and make the headset your default audio device when the headset is plugged in, Jaws should play through the headphones. This way, noone will hear Jaws, even if your mic is unmuted.

I would think this should be true even if you are sharing your screen with others, but I'm hoping someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm actually facing the same challenge with some teaching I'm going to be doing within the next month, so will be interested in other responses we get to this thread.

Tom Behler