moderated Re: jaws with itunes.

I haven't tried the Microsoft Store version lately, but when I did a couple of years ago I found it worked less well for me than the desktop version.

This is exactly the opposite for the iCloud Control Panel where it is much better to install the Microsoft Store version (if you need it).

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Patrick Murphy
Sent: Friday, July 10, 2020 6:54 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: jaws with itunes.

Hi Ed,

Yes, I did install the one from the Microsoft store.

I am just using it for ringtones as sieghard said.

When I looked up how to actually do this, I was told from the web site, that I needed the latest version.

Anyway, do you recommend that I uninstall the Microsoft store one and use the actual desktop?

If so, I will try it, and let you know.

Cheers,

pat

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Edward Green
Sent: Friday 10 July 2020 09:21
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: jaws with itunes.

Hi Pat,

Do you know if you installed the Microsoft Store version of the app or the old-style desktop one?

You want the latter. From the iTunes website, I think you need to choose other versions to get the option to show.

Cheers,

Ed

On Fri, 10 Jul 2020, 08:59 Patrick Murphy, <murphy.patrick42@...> wrote:

Hi,

I have just installed itunes on my windows 10 laptop.

I am still running jaws 2018, although i do have the 40 minute version of jaws2020 latest version installed.

I have been deciding whether to go with android or apple from an accessibility point of view.

It looks like apple is wining!!!

Anyway to get back to my original point:

I installed itunes, but it is very hard to find out exactly what is going on. There just seems to be a lot of controls (buttons lists etc), but they don’t take you anywhere or tell you what has been activated.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

pat

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.