moderated Re: Word 2016, jaws and formatting

Mike B.

Morning John,

See if the note below will help.

Easy way: whenever you do this and JAWS says "copyright", press Backspace once. When you press the right parenth key, Word changes what you've typed into
the copyright symbol and JAWS echoes this. pressing Backspace immediately undoes the change.

More long-winded way: Press Alt, F, T to open the Options dialogue.

DownArrow to Proofing

Tab to AutoCorrect Options and press Enter to open the AutoCorrect dialogue

You should be in an edit area. Type (c), that's left parenth c right parenth

Tab to the Delete button and press it

OK out of both dialogues

You should find now typing (c) doesn't give you a copyright symbol at all.

Hope that helps,

Steve

Sent: Friday, July 10, 2020 3:14 AM
Subject: Word 2016, jaws and formatting

Good morning:

I am using Jaws 2019, word 2016 and Windows 10. I am an attorney, and often must type a section of a statute such as 18 u.s.c. § 3581©(1(A)(i). It reads instead  of (c), "copywrite. How do I get rid of this and just allow the section c to read to me?

Thanks.

From: m