moderated Re: Permanently activating Jaws screen shade

Jonas,

          You are correct that the screen curtain in JAWS will not save significant battery on a laptop since it only turns off the actual display, but does nothing with the backlight (which is actually a edge-spill light, but that doesn't really matter).  You have a lit black screen.

           Just activated it on/off with INSERT+SPACE,F11 and it's clear that the backlight remains on.  Whether it remains on for hours I cannot say, and I cannot use my computer without looking at the screen.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss