moderated Re: Permanently activating Jaws screen shade

Richard Turner

As for the iPhone, if you set the brightness to auto, when you use the screen curtain, the brightness will go to 0; which does save battery.
I could imagine that if you are running a laptop on battery it may help a little; but I'm not a computer technician.

Richard

On Jul 9, 2020, at 8:39 AM, paul lemm via groups.io <paul.lemm@...> wrote:

Hi,

having screen curtain turned on would preserve at least some battery, since not having to power the backlight of a display would reduce some battery consumption. This is why low power mode when activated on both the iPhone and most laptops along with other functions they will dim the Brightness of the screen to preserve battery power, as the brighter the screen the more battery power it takes, so having screen curtain on and therefore having brightness dimmed down to almost zero would preserve some battery. I think any pc or smart phone site advising on saving battery life will almost always tell you to reduce the brightness of your screen to preserve battery life. However, I think like Jim said though, it’s probably not such a huge saving and probably less than it used to be years ago with advances in technology and the display being less power hungry than they would have been in the past

Paul