From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Andrew Law
Sent: Tuesday, July 7, 2020 7:35 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io; jfw@groups.io
Subject: Re: Getting to attachments/Problem solved

Hi Laura, just because it is a pdf file does not make it unreadable. Yes,
some pdf files are scanned documents, which need OCR, and later versions of
JAWS tell you this when you open them. The other problem could be the
security settings in Adobe reader, if these aren't set right, all you get
when trying to read a pdf is JAWS saying blank, blank. I cant remember what
the settings are called, but if this is what you are getting I will find
them for you. I have also heard that Word 2019 will OCR a scanned pdf, do
you have word 2019?