moderated Re: Getting to attachments/Problem solved

Andrew Law

Hi Laura, just because it is a pdf file does not make it unreadable. Yes, some pdf files are scanned documents, which need OCR, and later versions of JAWS tell you this when you open them. The other problem could be the security settings in Adobe reader, if these aren't set right, all you get when trying to read a pdf is JAWS saying blank, blank. I cant remember what the settings are called, but if this is what you are getting I will find them for you. I have also heard that Word 2019 will OCR a scanned pdf, do you have word 2019?

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Laura Richardson
Sent: Tuesday, 7 July 2020 12:59 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Getting to attachments/Problem solved

Thank you to everyone for your input and suggestions with this issue. Your help is greatly appreciated. It is insert a, not alt a to get to attachments.

I now can get to those attachments but I can't read them because they are in PDF format and not a word document. More learning to do on my end (heavy sigh).

Laura

Privacy Disclaimer: This e-mail message (including attachments, if any) is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, proprietary, and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copy of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and erase this e-mail message immediately.