moderated Re: Video Chatting on Facebook Using JAWS

JM Casey

HI Justin. It’s free. I haven’t used the video call option because I don’t have a camera. Tried a couple of calls – the audio quality is not great but it’s fine I guess…I think for pleasurable listening you’d be better off using skype or zoom, but a lot of people have the facebook messenger/app on their phones so forwhat’s essentailly free long distance I guess it’s ok. The app’s interface is a little clunky if you just want to send messages to your buddies but it is ok. Personally what I dig about it is that it runs in background and you don’t have to have facebook open in browser to know you’ve received messages.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Justin Williams
Sent: July 7, 2020 9:22 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Video Chatting on Facebook Using JAWS

Why didn't I ever think of getting the messenger app for the pc?

How well does it work?

How much does it cost?

Justin

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of JM Casey
Sent: Tuesday, July 7, 2020 9:17 AM

Sorry, don’t know what else to suggest as it sounds like you did everything you needed to do. You’re sure the programme did not install, I suppose?

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rick Miller
Sent: July 6, 2020 10:21 PM

But I don’t know how to download it.  I  have gotten to the Messenger site but see no link for the Microsoft store.  When I finally found it doing a Google search I found the app and hit the enter key on the “get,” button, but nothing happened.

Rick Miller

Sent: Monday, June 22, 2020 6:08 PM

Yes. The message you were replying to there specifically mentions windows and the Microsoft Store.

Sent: June 17, 2020 7:21 PM

Will this app work even with a PC?  I do not have a phone.  I have a Dell PC and I use Windows 10.

Rick Miller

Sent: Tuesday, June 16, 2020 5:54 PM

Yes, that’s what I’m talking about

Go to the messenger website. There is a direct link to the microsft store where the app can be downloaded. You can probably do a search at the store itself too but the last time I tried that, I couldn’t seem to get the right result to come up/activate so I think going through the web is preferrable, but it’s up to you.

Anyway, once you click “get”, the software will install. Once tha’ts done I open windows search and start typing in “messenger”. It will come up and you can work with it from there.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Casey
Sent: June 16, 2020 9:54 AM

hi can you get the messenger app for your PC?

So that you don't have to go to the messenger web site to use it.

And if so where do you go to get it and what is the best way to install it?

On 6/16/2020 8:13 AM, JM Casey wrote:

Never tried using this feature, but you can download the messenger “app” and install that. It’s a Windows Store app. Go to

http://www.messenger.com

It has buttons to audio or video call people on your list. Not sure if there’s a way to do this from within browser or not…

Sent: June 15, 2020 11:17 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Video Chatting on Facebook Using JAWS

Anyone:

I looked up the instructions about how to video chat with a friend on Facebook.  The first thing it says is “Click in the upper right of the screen.”  Is there any way using JAWS that you can video chat with someone?

Rick Miller

-- 
Casey

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.