From: Mike B [mailto:mb69mach1@...]
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Date: Tuesday, July 7, 2020, 2:18 PM
Subject: Permanently activating Jaws screen shade
Hi Paul,
To the best of my knowledge, no it can't be turned on permanently.  For
others that are unfamiliar with this Jaws feature it's explained below.
Note:  This feature is only available with Jaws2018 & Newer, running
Windows 10.  I'm not sure, but possibly Windows 8.1 as well.

 Jaws Key + Spacebar followed by F11 or Printscreen both toggle screen
curtain on and off.

The screen shade setting does not appear in the Jaws Settings Center and
is only accessible through the layered  keystroke feature or, Jaws quick
settings.

 The layered keystroke feature is when you  hold down the Insert key
then press down the spacebar, let up on both keys, then press a third
key to perform
a particular task.

 In this case the layered keystroke to turn the, Screen Shade, On or
Off task is below:

 Hold down the Insert key, then press down the spacebar, now let up on
both keys, and tap either the, Print Screen, key,  or the, F11 key.

 With each press of this keystroke sequence you will hear Jaws report
either, Screen shade on or, Screenn shade off.

 Since the Jaws screen shade feature isn't available in the Settings
Center, and can be only accessed by the 2 ways mentioned above, here's
the way to
check its current setting through Jaws quick settings:

 BTW,  whether you're in Explorer or a program, the screen shade
setting is found in the General Options category of Jaws quick
settings. So, when, in
or on, most places of your computer press, Insert + V, to open Jaws
quick settings.
Down arrow until you hear Jaws report, General Options, and if Jaws
reports that it's closed right arrow to open.
 Now continue down arrowing until you hear Jaws report, Screen Shade,
either checked or unchecked.  Pressing the spacebar will toggle this
setting on &
off, checked being, On, and unchecked being, Off.

 If you make a settings change for this setting or others, then tab to
the, Okay button, press enter to save your settings changes & close
quick settings.

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to
please everybody.