moderated Re: Edge browser and favorites

Klaus Vielhauer

Hello Brian,

tried the approach via the favorites manager - still quite cumbersome.

It seems to me that longterm maintaining the IE favorites file on the desktop is much more efficient:

I will still save the favorite in the Edge Browser with Control + d

Additionally however - and this is certainly more work

1. Go with control + l and copy the web address of the page in Edce

2. Open the IE favorites on the desktop

3. create new shortcut with the application menue.

After this I have the convienience of handling all subsequent accesses with keyboard searches etc from the desktop file.

Klaus

On 7/6/2020 4:58 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
Now that NVDA is reinstalled, I find that I can't use first letter navigation in Favorites manager.  It's much faster to use the search feature to limit what shows up in the right side pane.

It's very, very much like file explorer in layout, and if you know what you're looking for a couple of characters in the search box tends to really cut down on what's available in the actual favorites list in the right pane.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss