moderated Re: Getting to attachments

Laura Richardson

Hi Richard,

Thank you so much.  You are correct.  It is insert a and not alt a.  I got to the attachments but cannot read them because they are in PDF format.  More learning to do on my end.

Laura

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Monday, July 6, 2020 7:08 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Getting to attachments

Whomever said alt-a was mistaken. It's Insert-a then alt-downarrow to open the options for whichever attachment you are focused on.

But, if she is using JAWS 18, and not 2018, that could be an issue.

I never used that combination with Outlook 2016 and Windows 10.

Richard

"He that cannot forgive others breaks the bridge over which he must pass himself,” and we forget that only grace can break the cycle of ancient hatreds among peoples. (It is notable that while I have regretted not granting grace to others, I’ve never once regretted extending it.)" - Edward Herbert

On Jul 6, 2020, at 5:00 PM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

Laura,

Were I you, I would call the folks at Microsoft Windows & Office Accessibility Support on (800) 936-5900 and have them take a look.

ALT+A does not work for me, SHIFT+TAB does.   If I customize the read window such that the Attachments tab shows, then ALT+Y will throw me to the controls, but it seems to me you're asking about getting focus on the individual attachments that are attached to the message.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363  

The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it.
       ~ Lawrence Krauss

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.