moderated Re: Getting to attachments

Laura Richardson

Hi Richard,

I am using Jaws 18, not 2018, Outlook 2016 and Windows 10.  This is the only email I’ve not been able to access attachments.

Laura

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Monday, July 6, 2020 6:48 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Getting to attachments

Hi again,

If you are using Jaws 18, instead of 2018, that could be the problem.

I just tested with Jaws 2018, outlook 2016, Windows 10 and insert+a works as always.

If you are using Jaws 2018, maybe a shut down and restart will help.

Otherwise, I do not know if Jaws 18 still supports outlook 2016 and Windows 10.

You may need to call Freedom Scientific.

I hope you get it resolved.

Richard

"He that cannot forgive others breaks the bridge over which he must pass himself,” and we forget that only grace can break the cycle of ancient hatreds among peoples. (It is notable that while I have regretted not granting grace to others, I’ve never once regretted extending it.)" - Edward Herbert

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Laura Richardson
Sent: Monday, July 6, 2020 4:30 PM

Pressing insert plus a is how I usually get to the attachments.  That is not working now which is why I asked if there was another way to get to attachments.  Pressing shift tab is not working either.

Laura

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Monday, July 6, 2020 6:26 PM

In Outlook, while in the message, pressing insert+a puts the focus on the attachments, then alt+down arrow lets you decide if you want to open, save, etc.

Or as Andrew pointed out, you can use the file menu and select save all attachments or just save attachment.

If you select save all attachments, you will get an OK button and then you can navigate to the folder where you want all the attachments to be saved and hit enter.

Then, use Windows explorer (file explorer) to go to that folder to open them.

Note, if it is a Word document, you will probably have to Enable editing as outlook by default puts documents into protected mode.

Richard

"He that cannot forgive others breaks the bridge over which he must pass himself,” and we forget that only grace can break the cycle of ancient hatreds among peoples. (It is notable that while I have regretted not granting grace to others, I’ve never once regretted extending it.)" - Edward Herbert

Sent: Monday, July 6, 2020 4:08 PM

Hi Madison,

Thank you for responding.  I tried your suggestion without success.

Laura

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Madison Martin
Sent: Monday, July 6, 2020 4:47 PM

Hi Laura,

Once you’re in the message that has the attachment (s), just shift + tab and that will take you to the attachment. Hope this helps!

Madison

Sent: July 6, 2020 4:54 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Getting to attachments

Hello,

Is there another way other than pressing alt plus a to get to an email attachment?  I’m using Jaws 18 and Outlook 2016.

Laura

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.