moderated Re: Eliminating tables in MS word 2016

On Sun, Jul 5, 2020 at 09:27 AM, kevin meyers wrote:
I scaned a document using Jaws OCR. In the results document the text shows up not in tables. I copied the text and pasted it into a MS word document. The text is then put into tables.
-
When you paste the text, are you using the "Text Only" option?   That generally avoids both carrying existing formatting with, or generating automatic word formatting for, the text being pasted.

You can also set "Text Only" as your default paste option if that's what you're generally looking to do.  The default is "Keep Source Formatting."  I changed my default to match the destination formatting quite a while back, as that's generally what I'm looking to do.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss