moderated Re: Eliminating tables in MS word 2016

Richard Turner

You could have saved as plain text out of Openbook; or as was suggested, copy and paste into NotePad and then copy and paste that into Word, and no tables.

Richard
"He that cannot forgive others breaks the bridge over which he must pass himself,” and we forget that only grace can break the cycle of ancient hatreds among peoples. (It is notable that while I have regretted not granting grace to others, I’ve never once regretted extending it.)" - Edward Herbert

On Jul 5, 2020, at 7:26 AM, Ann Byrne <annakb@...> wrote:

When I wrote Vispero about this, the recommendation was to paste the information into notepad, which removes all the formatting.  To remove table formatting in Word, while in the table press alt+j, then l, then v.  In either event, the formatting of the original document is lost.
At 08:27 AM 7/5/2020, you wrote:
Hello,

I'm using most recent version of windows10 (2004), most recent version of Jaws2020 and MS word 2016.

I scaned a document using Jaws OCR. In the results document the text shows up not in tables. I copied the text and pasted it into a MS word document. The text is then put into tables.

Would it be possible to remove the tables and the text remain?

Thanks,

Kevin

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.