moderated Re: jaws and elbraille

Michelle's Home Emails

hi Randy and everyone,

Thank you so much for responding to my request.

I have sent off a subscription request to Elbraille list.

Not sure if it makes a difference I reside in Australia, any assistance will be most appreciated.

I was wondering if I should wack in a andb keyboard to get me going? Will go down to kmart or Jb-hifi or Good guys. When my support worker comes next week.

Speak soon
Michelle Stevens.

On 4 Jul 2020, at 2:03 am, Randy Meyer <randymeyer@charter.net> wrote:

´╗┐Michelle:

I own and have used an ElBraille for two years. The best tips I can give
you are:

Use the focus Braille display manual to help you learn the commands.

Plug a standard USB keyboard into your ElBraille to help you get through the
learning curve. I haven't needed this for over a year, but it was helpful
at the beginning.

Make sure you set your Braille settings in Jaws to how you want them. I use
grade 2 UEB and adjusted other settings to my liking.

I installed MS office and use it for all my note taking. I did not find the
special software installed on the machine to be very helpful.

If you have the new faster ElBraille, I really envy you. I like my
ElBraille, but the first generation ElBraille is on the slow side.

If you want to email or talk privately off list, just let me know.

Randy Meyer