moderated Re: Reading Kindle Books using Jaws

Jim Fettgather

You will enjoy a much more accessible reading experience if you
download the Kindle for PC program, which works very well with Jaws.
There is no cost for the program.
The web experience is quite dismal, but Kindle for PC works well.
https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Digital-Services-LLC-Download/dp/B00UB76290

On 7/1/20, M Tobia <mmmat3@comcast.net> wrote:
Hi Group,

Does anyone have any hands on experience reading Amazon Kindle books using
Jaws on a PC. I am accessing read.amazon.com using Google Chrome, Microsoft
Edge and Firefox with no success. I find that Kindle is slow and often
unresponsive.

Any hot keys or keystrokes to help me navigate pages and chapters would be
much appreciated. The only keystrokes I found was pressing the letter U to
jump to the next link and the letter N to do something else. Neither of
these keystrokes actually help me navigate to the next page or next chapter.
I would be find if it would allow me to read continuously, but I cannot
seem to be able to do that either.

I have contacted Freedom Scientific and all they said was that Jaws was
supposed to be accessible with a screen reader, but could not offer any
specific. The standard keystrokes to navigate webpages or documents do not
work with Kindle.

I spoke to Amazon support and they had no idea how to navigate Kindle using
a screen reader.

Thanks for any assistance.

Mario