moderated Re: Accessible EPUB reader for Windows 10

David Griffith

Speak On Resources
You can download Speak On media Suite from
Mailing List for Speak On

Speak On Media Podcast

Links are provided with SendSpace and DropBox.
01 Introduction Speak on Media Suite.mp3
This Podcast covers setting up Speak On Media, changing the default synthesiser to a more friendly   voice and  introduces you to the range of apps available by default, and then the further apps available through additional optional plugins.

02 Getting an Audio Books into Speak On Media Suite.mp3

This Podcast describes how shortcuts and the send to menu in File Explorer can be utilised to make it much easier to import books  and other content into  Speak On Media.

03 Playing Daisy and Audio Books in Speak On.mp3
This Podcast covers loading and reading of Daisy and Audio Books. It explains Speak On navigation options, bookmarking, and varying the speed and volume of playback. It also introduces Speak On’s context sensitive help feature.

04 Reading eBooks on Speak On
This covers.
-changing the Reading Voice.
- Navigation levels available in the eBook.
- Managing Bookmarks and getting book size information.
-Tabbing through the Player Bookmark list and Library view.
- Adjusting the speed and volume of book playback  on the fly.
- Copying and pasting text from an eBook into Notepad.
- Saving Sections of the book as text files.
- Creating a "virtual eBook" based upon a search term.

05 Speak On and Internet Radio
This Podcast covers
- Using a  free or paid Tunein account to access Radio in Speak On.
- Using the optional VI Radio app.
- Importing Radio Streams into the Other Media app to create a 3rd Customised Internet Radio  app.

Link to a Radio Streams folder to import into Speak On.

06 Using Speak On and the RNIB Reading Service.

This Podcasts covers downloading a  daisy Book from the new RNIB Reading Service  and playing it in Speak On.

07 Speak On and the RNIB Newsagent Service Part 1 - Newspapers.
This Podcasts covers.
1. Advantages of using Speak On to easily access the eText Newspaper service, including its Virtual Reader function to streamline reading.
Installing the task and logging into the eText service.
Lloading of Newspapers, navigation and adjustment of speed and volume of playback.
Setting up favourite papers.
Bookmarking and extracting articles into text files.

08 Speak On and the RNIB Newsagent Service Part 2 Magazines.
This Podcast covers accessing the RNIB magazine service and the workaround needed if the RNIB has broken a link from a  Magazine to Speak On.

09 Speak On and Podcasts.

This Podcast covers searching for a Podcast, subscribing to a Podcast by adding to Favorites, downloading Podcast, and browsing the Category Online directory Service.   As part of this it show how Speak On acts as a virtual BBC Sounds app. It also covers importing OPML files from another Podcast Reader and briefly covers the optional VI Podcast app which provides access to selected Podcasts of interest to Blind and Partially Sighted People.
Note For a demonstration of the third Podcast facility in Speak On , via the tunein  Radio   app  to download Podcasts and Radio  shows from that service,  please refer back to Podcast 5 on Internet Radio and Speak On.

10 Speak On in the Cloud Part 1
In this Podccast we see how to create a Portable version of Speak On which , when applied to DropBox and OneDrive allows the synchronisation of reading of media across multiple Windows devices.

Speak On Portable Install - With TTS change to Sapi 5 and media folders created ready to receive content.
11 Speak On in the Cloud Part 2
In this Podcast we demonstrate how our cloud version of Speak On can perform on both DropBox and OneDrive from another Windows device. It shows how reading is synchronised across devices.  The podcast  covers the particular settings needed in OneDrive for the cloud based version of Speak ON to work.

On 28 Jun 2020, at 21:07, Bill White <billwhite92701@...> wrote:

So where do you download Free Speak, and is it for the PC as well as iPhone