moderated Re: Accessible EPUB reader for Windows 10

Sean Murphy

If you are seeking for an accessible EPub reader. QRead and Dolphin Easy reader are two programs which are specifically design for Vision Impaired. Dolphin easy Reader is a better program in my for EPub readers.
There is another one which is main stream which I don’t have the name at hand.

Sean

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: Monday, 29 June 2020 6:58 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Accessible EPUB reader for Windows 10

Hi again, Richard and list. I finally found Speak On, but it is not a text to speech app, it is a translation app.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Sunday, June 28, 2020 1:12 PM

What David meant was that the app, speak On is free.

I think it is a Windows program.

Richard

"He that cannot forgive others breaks the bridge over which he must pass himself,” and we forget that only grace can break the cycle of ancient hatreds among peoples. (It is notable that while I have regretted not granting grace to others, I’ve never once regretted extending it.)" - Edward Herbert

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: Sunday, June 28, 2020 1:08 PM

So where do you download Free Speak, and is it for the PC as well as iPhone

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of David Griffith
Sent: Sunday, June 28, 2020 1:00 PM

There are a number of options.

Q Read - which is a paid application provides epub , PdF and mobi book support. .

There are a number of Text to Speech based readers. Paid and unpaid.. For me the best by far is  the free Speak On which has a range of excellent features for ePub reading in its confusingly  named  Text Publications app.

This has  as  well as text ,  ePub support, including book marking , navigation levels, header and chapter navigation, on the fly control of book reading speed  and   volume and  including a range of other features. You can even create  a “virtual eBook” based on a search term which will pull out all the relevant sections of an ebook which is very useful for academic study. There is also full capacity to export to text to a word processor by simple copy and paste.

David Griffith  

On 28 Jun 2020, at 20:41, Joe <joet1226@...> wrote:

Does any one know of an accessible Windows 10 EPUB reader? I have some types of these files I would like to access on my PC.

Joe

Picture of Owl with Mortar Board and Computer

Dr. Joe L. Todd CVRT

Phone: 616.951.2142

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.