Sent: Sunday, June 28, 2020 1:51 PM
Subject: Re: Sharing a printer

I don't think it needs to even know that it is on a network, most printers are just a one-way device, and they only need to be available to receive information.
I think the tricky part is the cable, a straight through cable with no chip inside would be best, because a printer wouldn't know how to manage a chip that are in many cables.
But once it is in the network and available, the computer finding it in the network will send its print instructions to it.
Glenn