For clarification purposes, Eloquence is no longer available for Android use. Whenit was, it cost an additional $20, which was well worth the price.

Also there are several types of USB drives that allow for easy storage and transfer of information between iPhones and other devices, including PCs. They do self-load their own apps, and are not as straightforward to use as a Android transfer of information, but, very doable.

 Diane Bomar

On Jun 27, 2020, at 00:36, Glenn / Lenny <glennervin@...> wrote:

I have both, and in terms of ease of use with regard to the gestures, it is my opinion that the iPhone is much easier to operate.
On the other hand, with Android, I can have Eloquence for the voice, and I can simply copy and paste to and from my computer to the Android phone.
With Android, you can get a USB adapter and plug in a desktop keyboard or anything USB, you can't do that with IOS.
Glenn
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, June 27, 2020 1:23 AM
Subject: Re: android vs ios.

hi folks,

i know that this is not the forum for this question, but maybe one of you good people might have some ideas as to where i should go.

currently, i have an old nokia phone about 300 years of age.

i have decided to take the great leap into the unknown and start using a modern tap screen phone.

i have a samsung android phone with talkback on it, but it is proving to be somewhat of a trouble.

i would say, that it is just because i am new to it, but web sites offering training tips seem to be non existent.

also, the braille keyboard seems to be a bit of a pain. i also dont want to have to attach a keyboard to it, as this defeats the purpose of having a phone you can carry around with you.

on the other hand, i have heard, that apple's voice over is much better.

again, training seems to be the problem. i should be able to get my hands on an ifone.

any thoughts?

anyone prefer one over the other?

cheers,

pat