moderated Re: Sharing a printer

Richard Turner

You should be able to share it so long as the other computers are connected on the same WiFi network.

You may want to use Microsoft Accessibility to help if you cannot figure it out.

Richard

"He that cannot forgive others breaks the bridge over which he must pass himself,” and we forget that only grace can break the cycle of ancient hatreds among peoples. (It is notable that while I have regretted not granting grace to others, I’ve never once regretted extending it.)" - Edward Herbert

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Loy
Sent: Saturday, June 27, 2020 1:24 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Sharing a printer

No it is just a USB printer

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Saturday, June 27, 2020 1:09 PM

Is the printer supposed to also be a Wifi printer?

If so, you will need to consult the manufacturer’s instructions on how to set it up on the Wifi network.

If not, what Glen said is exactly what needs to happen.

Of course, consulting with the printer manufacturer is always useful.

Richard

"He that cannot forgive others breaks the bridge over which he must pass himself,” and we forget that only grace can break the cycle of ancient hatreds among peoples. (It is notable that while I have regretted not granting grace to others, I’ve never once regretted extending it.)" - Edward Herbert

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Glenn / Lenny
Sent: Saturday, June 27, 2020 10:04 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

Also, you will need to go to the printer settings on the computer it is connected to and set it as a shared printer, or you can connect the printer to your router.

That is the best way.

Glenn

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Saturday, June 27, 2020 11:54 AM

Subject: Sharing a printer

We have three computers our home,  all connected by WiFi,  I have a printer connected to one by USB, I would like to be able to print from the other computers. I find conflicting instructions by searching Google. Can someone give me simple instructions on how to do this?

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.