From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Saturday, June 27, 2020 2:26 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: android vs ios.

I also think iOS is just more intuitive and even after all these years when both platforms have matured, iOS is in my view more polished and easier to use.

There is a load of material about iOS and iPhones out there, www.Applevis.com is just one example, Apple has an accessibility support line as well as email address and if you call their support and need help they can even connect to your phone and see what you are doing.

There are email lists for both Android and iOS, the Viphone list is one I have been on for the last 10 years or so since I started using an iPhone.

If you really want to use a keyboard you can actually get Apple's camera connection cable and use it to connect a USB keyboard, but in my opinion a Bluetooth keyboard makes much more sense with a mobile device and there are lots of great options out there from Logitech as well as others.

As for price any high-end Android phone nowadays costs just as much as the high-end iPhones, yes, you can probably pick up a cheap Android phone for $200 or so, but then again the new iPhone SE 2 which was recently released also is not that expensive and from all I heard on the Viphone list as well as in general it's fantastic phone.

I guess it all depends on what you plan to do with the phone, for me being able to transfer information from my PC to the phone by copying and pasting is not very important, I have an Apple Music subscription so I never store mucis on the device any more, I do just about all my audio book listening on Audible and the odd book I have in MP3 I can easily transfer to Voice Dream Reader via Dropbox.

I consider to be a pretty profficient user of my iPhone, but I absolutely don't believe in being able to replace a computer with my iPhone, I don't compose long texts on my phone, if I have to type a longer email or want to have an on-going text chat on Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp or other app I do use my Bluetooth keyboard. I have a Logitech K780 which I use via its USB dongle as my primary keyboard for my laptop and if I want to use it wih my iPhone all I have to do is press FN+F2 and it switches over, when I'm done I press F1 and I'm back on my PC.

Best regards,

Sieghard