moderated Re: android vs ios.

David Moore

I use both an Android phone with Talkback and an iPhone with voice over! It was just as hard to learn Voiceover as it was to learn Talkback. Also Android 11, which will come out in the fall, will have a lot of the same multi-finger gestures as Voiceover. Android is better because you can use third party apps instead of using just what Apple will let you use. You can customize your Android phone much more, and what do you know, Ios 14 is adding the app drawer just like android. IOS 14 is taking from Android and Google. What range of phone are you using? please join the ANATAD list. It standds for Android apps news talk and deals.
anatad+subscribe@...
it is a very helpful list with a weekly podcast called the anatad podcast that you can find with any podcast service. You need a good phone, even with Android. Please email me off list. I will give you plenty of tutorials and the truth about both the iPhone and Android.
David Moore

On Sat, Jun 27, 2020, 2:23 AM Patrick Murphy <murphy.patrick42@...> wrote:

hi folks,

i know that this is not the forum for this question, but maybe one of you good people might have some ideas as to where i should go.

currently, i have an old nokia phone about 300 years of age.

i have decided to take the great leap into the unknown and start using a modern tap screen phone.

i have a samsung android phone with talkback on it, but it is proving to be somewhat of a trouble.

i would say, that it is just because i am new to it, but web sites offering training tips seem to be non existent.

also, the braille keyboard seems to be a bit of a pain. i also dont want to have to attach a keyboard to it, as this defeats the purpose of having a phone you can carry around with you.

on the other hand, i have heard, that apple's voice over is much better.

again, training seems to be the problem. i should be able to get my hands on an ifone.

any thoughts?

anyone prefer one over the other?

cheers,

pat