From: "Soronel Haetir" <soronel.haetir@gmail.com>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Sent: Sunday, February 26, 2012 19:49
Subject: Re: screen resolution

For what it's worth, I have a larger monitor than any of those
recommendations but have still always had trouble when I try going
above 1600x1200.

On 2/26/12, epierce@surewest.net <epierce@surewest.net> wrote:
Hey Bill,

Thanks for the excellent list.

Are those generic recommendations (including sighted users), or are they
specific to people using JAWS?

I've seen manufacturers provide monitor drivers that run at "preferred"
resolutions (laptop screen drivers can be particularly aggressive in
insisting on running at their "native" optimal resolution).

It may just be "lore" in the accessible tech community, but I heard a
consultant say that if one is having problems with JAWS, that changing to
"standard" monitor resolution, or even using a monitor that has its
"native"
resolution at 1280x1024 is "better".

Do you know if FS has any useful documentation on this issue?