moderated Reading pdfs with confidence

Rahul Bajaj

Hi. I open PDFs in Adobe Reader. JAWS sometimes jumps around of its own accord in pdfs, especially when transitioning from one page to another. and has to be redirected. Even jaws 2020. While I am able to bring it back where I need to when it jumps, I remain quite worried. That I might miss some vital info or internalize it wrongly if I fail to notice the jump. Does anyone else face this? How do you get around it? Converting every pdf into word is not very viable.. and can muff up footnotes. Copy pasting it into word makes a 10 page pdf a 30 page word doc. And makes quick reading very hard. So what can one do?

Rahul