moderated Re: Meta data for music tracks

Richard Turner

Brian, do you know if this would also rip songs from a CD with the tag information?

I just looked at the web site and it said that it can look up a CD … someone was asking about this kind of thing on another list and since I don’t need the software myself, I thought maybe you knew the answer.

Thanks,

Richard

"He that cannot forgive others breaks the bridge over which he must pass himself,” and we forget that only grace can break the cycle of ancient hatreds among peoples. (It is notable that while I have regretted not granting grace to others, I’ve never once regretted extending it.)" - Edward Herbert

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Tuesday, June 23, 2020 11:36 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Meta data for music tracks

Marty,

One small word of warning.  MP3Tag (at least when I downloaded it in February) is defaulting for its metadata search to freedb, and it appears they've closed up shop.  I cannot find the information for logging into the metadata server at MusicBrainz, at least not yet.

But, MusicBrainz, which is an open source project where all software is free as well, has its own metadata editor called Picard.  It looks to be accessible, and since it's automatically set up with MusicBrainz to begin with (though you may need to create your own account) it might end up being the better way to go.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363  

The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it.
       ~ Lawrence Krauss

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.