From: Mike B
Sent: Monday, June 22, 2020 11:55 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: the first of 2 questions

Hi Shirley,

Try the following to see if this'll help:

1. Open the Settings Center with, Insert + 6, on the number row, now press, control, shift + D, to open default all applications.

2. Down arrow to, Text processing closed right arrow to open.

3. Down arrow to, Proofing closed, right arrow to open.

4. Down arrow 1 time to, Detect spelling while navigating..., now press the
spacebar until Jaws reports, Off.

5. Tab to,apply, press the spacebar, tab to, Okay, press enter to save / close.

Sent: Monday, June 22, 2020 5:49 AM

Thanks, Chris, but it wasn’t doing it until the latest update of JAWS. I have checked the settings in Word, and they are the same as they have always been. Could the latest update for windows have effected this? I use Word 2016.

Shirley Tracy