moderated Re: Reading PDF Documents with Line Numbers

Adrian Spratt

Clever.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via groups.io
Sent: Monday, June 22, 2020 3:04 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Reading PDF Documents with Line Numbers

Kelby,
I have an idea for you to try. When the PDF opens, could you hit "J" to open the jump to line dialog box. It might take a bit of trial to figure out what value to enter to skip past the numbers you are hearing at the beginning, but maybe it would save you the arrowing down. If each page has roughly the same number of lines on it, the value you enter would likely be the same for each document or page. Just an idea that I cannot test.

Robin

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of kelby carlson
Sent: Monday, June 15, 2020 6:56 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Reading PDF Documents with Line Numbers

In my work, I frequently have to read transcripts of proceeding where each of the lines is numbered. When I open a transcript like this in Adobe, frequently all of the line numbers will be at the top of the page and I have to keep arrowing down to get to the text. I know this is a unique problem, but is there anything JAWS can do that will help with this? Right now it takes me longer to read these documents than it should.

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key, send an email to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.