moderated Re: the first of 2 questions
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
Try the following to see if this'll help:
1. Open the Settings Center with, Insert + 6, on the number row, now press, control, shift + D, to open default all applications.
2. Down arrow to, Text processing closed right arrow to open.
3. Down arrow to, Proofing closed, right arrow to open.
4. Down arrow 1 time to, Detect spelling while navigating..., now press the
spacebar until Jaws reports, Off.
5. Tab to,apply, press the spacebar, tab to, Okay, press enter to save / close.
Take care. Mike. Sent from my iBarstool.
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.
----- Original Message -----
From: Shirley Tracy
Sent: Monday, June 22, 2020 5:49 AM
Subject: Re: the first of 2 questions
Thanks, Chris, but it wasn’t doing it until the latest update of JAWS. I have checked the settings in Word, and they are the same as they have always been. Could the latest update for windows have effected this? I use Word 2016.
It isn't jaws doing that, word is doing that. Open word, hit alt+f, arrow up to options and hit enter. Arrow down to proofing and hit tab. All the options are there. You can decide what is auto-corrected, or turn it off altogether under auto correct options.
On 6/22/2020 06:23, Shirley Tracy wrote: