moderated Re: the first of 2 questions

Shirley Tracy

Thanks, Chris, but it wasn’t doing it until the latest update of JAWS. I have checked the settings in Word, and they are the same as they have always been. Could the latest update for windows have effected this? I use Word 2016.

Shirley Tracy

From: Chris Hill
Sent: Monday, June 22, 2020 8:18 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: the first of 2 questions

It isn't jaws doing that, word is doing that.  Open word, hit alt+f, arrow up to options and hit enter.  Arrow down to proofing and hit tab.  All the options are there.  You can decide what is auto-corrected, or turn it off altogether under auto correct options.

On 6/22/2020 06:23, Shirley Tracy wrote:

Hi everyone,

How do I keep JAWS from automatically making corrections in Word? I don’t even know the corrections have been made, and sometimes a spelling word is not incorrect (such as an unusual spelling of a name).

Shirley Tracy