moderated Re: CD ripping software suggestions?

Mich Verrier

Cd ex will rip cd’s nd it does have a cd data bace. From Mich.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of fenderwal@...
Sent: June 21, 2020 11:07 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: CD ripping software suggestions?

        Hi, All.

I don't know if I'm one of only a few who can no longer get Windows Media Player to add media information to CDs I want to rip. Research into how WMP does it and why mine no longer does it has so far failed. Might be that Microsoft no longer supports access to a music database. Anyway, I had started using Gold Wave, which is JAWS compatible. Well.... Gold Wave suddenly quit working about 2 weeks ago, with an error message informing me that my firewall may be blocking Gold Wave.

I turned off Windows Firewall--I don't know how it got turned on in the first place--but Gold Wave still cannot access the music database.

Meanwhile, I have a stack of new CDs I'd like to rip, and I'd like to have the media information rather than Track 1, Track 2, etcetera. Sorry for being long winded. My question is, can you recommend a reliably JFW accessible CD ripper I can use until I figure out what's wrong with Gold Wave? Or, can you direct me to a user group where I can tap into the experience of users who can help me solve my technical difficulty?

Thanks for your time,

Lou N.