From: jfw-bounces@... [mailto:jfw-bounces@...]
On Behalf Of Brandon Keith Biggs
Sent: Sunday, February 26, 2012 5:27 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: technology for the blind jobs

Hello,
If you Google assistive technology jobs you come up with lots of jobs.
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Assistive+Technology+Jobs+&oq=Assistiv
e+Technology+Jobs+&aq=f&aqi=g4g-v6&aql=&gs_sm=3&gs_upl=18963l19565l0l22661l2
l2l0l0l0l0l118l210l1.1l2l0

I would probably look for training before you start teaching people though.
That way you can talk to other professionals, see what the different jobs
are and see if that is something you really would like to do.
If I were you I'd get my hands on every piece of technology I could so you
can know what's out there. For some reason TVIs and much of the blind
community uses Pack mates or Braille Notes so those are kind of a cliché. I
would learn about all the other note takers and software's so you can show
people that the minority software is often much better than the heavily
advertised devices.

As for Jaws Tandem, explore the menu and see what pops up. It's under
Utility's in the menu bar. It tells you everything. But basically you get a
code from the tandem center and tell your target the code so they can write
it into the box that allows access to their computer.
Thanks,

Brandon Keith Biggs