moderated Re: From Freedom Scientific: Freedom Scientific is extending the Free Home-Use Software For Those Affected by COVID-19

On Thu, Jun 18, 2020 at 02:05 PM, Cristóbal wrote:
It sucks that Jaws users outside of the US don’t have this available to them, but I doubt Vispero was like hey… how can we stick it to those in Europe and Asia and wherever? As others have pointed out, it’s most certainly a distribution and rights thing
I'd say the response Richard Turner received from Eric Damery, and posted, pretty much confirms this beyond any reasonable doubt.  It also is completely in line with the educated speculation that preceded it by multiple group members, including yourself.

Though this is complex, it isn't rocket science, either.  These things have happened, and will continue to happen, when international commerce is involved.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss