Bill White <billwhite92701@...>
Recently, Jessica asked a question about creating a desktop shortcut for a website in Microsoft Edge. There is also a similar tool in Google Chrome. To use it,
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. Open the website for which you want to create a shortcut.
3. Tap the ALT key and arrow up to More Tools, and press ENTER.
4. Arrow up to Create Shortcut.
5. This will place a shortcut on the desktop.
6. It will also place an entry for the site in your Start Menu under Recently-added apps, and possibly in All Apps.
Be aware that, even if you delete the shortcut which was placed on the desktop for the website, this will not delete the entries in the Start menu. If you want to delete these,
1. Press Windows key plus R, and in the "run" dialog, type
2. You can either delete the subfolder here called Chrome Apps, or you can open this folder and delete any stored websites individually.