moderated Re: Using edge, how do I add a site to my desktop as an icon?

Jessica D

Hi,
Ok, great!
Thank you so much.
What I've done for now and this may be quicker, is to install them as apps, which puts them in alphabetical order, along with word, and such.

Regards,
Jessica

On Jun 17, 2020, at 4:57 PM, Bill White <billwhite92701@...> wrote:

Hi, Jessica. To add a note to Brian's suggestion, if you are unfamiliar as to how to obtain the current web address in Edge, do the following,

1. Open Edge, Open the web page for which you want to make a desktop shortcut.

2. Press ALT plus D for the address bar.

3. Copy that result to the clipboard with CONTROL plus C.

4. Proceed with Brian's instructions:

5.  Go to the desktop and make certain no item has focus.  Then bring up the context menu, whether by SHIFT+F10 or the Applications/Context Menu key, and select New,Shortcut from that menu.
6. In the Create Shortcut dialog that comes up, in the Type the location of the item edit box, enter the web address you need to open,
then activate the Next button.
7. In the Type a name for this shortcut edit box, enter the name of your choosing.
8. Activate the Finish button, which will place the shortcut using the name you choose on your desktop.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...