moderated Re: Using edge, how do I add a site to my desktop as an icon?

Jessica,

           Presuming you have Edge set as your default browser, it's much easier just to set up a shortcut on the desktop yourself.

1.  Go to the desktop and make certain no item has focus.  Then bring up the context menu, whether by SHIFT+F10 or the Applications/Context Menu key, and select New,Shortcut from that menu.
2. In the Create Shortcut dialog that comes up, in the Type the location of the item edit box, enter the web address you need to open,
then activate the Next button.
3. In the Type a name for this shortcut edit box, enter the name of your choosing.
4. Activate the Finish button, which will place the shortcut using the name you choose on your desktop.

That shortcut will open that web address in whatever browser you have defined as your default web browser.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss