moderated Re: Reading PDF Documents with Line Numbers

Dean Martineau

No, Word just opens the document, but generally does it very well. I would wonder if it handles the line numbers better than Adobe, but I don't have a document of this sort to test. If you'd like to send me one, which I assume may be difficult because of confidentiality, you can send it to me at topdot@...

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Chris Hill
Sent: Tuesday, June 16, 2020 10:40 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Reading PDF Documents with Line Numbers

I don't think you'd get any choice for reading order if you sent the
document to word. Probably the best choice for this situation would be
to use k1000 to recognize the pdf using the omnipage engine with column
identification disabled.

On 6/16/2020 09:07, Dean Martineau wrote:
I wonder what would happen if you sent that PDF to Word, assuming you're running something modern, Microsoft 365 for instance. Now I seldom open PDF's in Adobe. I have Word in my SendTo folder, so when I encounter a PDF, in the context menu I hit N for SendTo, W for Word and the PDF opens very readably in Word. As I'm writing, I don't know why I don't just change the default for PdF to Word. Just a thought.