moderated Re: in win10 in a folder how do you tell Win10 to delete only all the files that have a same particular extension but not the other files in that folder that have different extensions?

Apparently, I'm not alone in having the "Current Folder" option to limit search results fail to work.  A very recent topic on answers.microsoft.com:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-search-current-folder-option-doesnt/cbef261b-0ab0-47d9-a784-1598a550866b

Checking Feedback Hub there are currently three items open that turn up if you use "current folder" as your search phrase, and all have been open for months and note the issue is in Build 18363.  I've just added a comment to all three of them that this is still going on as of today's date.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss