From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of ratshtron
Sent: Monday, June 15, 2020 7:38 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: in win10 in a folder how do you tell Win10 to delete only all
the files that have a same particular extension but not the other files in
that folder that have different extensions?

made one mistake, once you press windows key plus r and press enter,
you must first type in the drive letter the folder is on for
example,cd c:\ to move to the root of the c: drive. then type cd
foldername enter to open the folder.

Legend has it that on Monday 6/15/2020 09:32 PM, ratshtron via groups.io
said:
open the folder and move to the first file with the particular
extention and now, press and hold the ctrl key and start arrowing
down through the list of files and every time you land on another
file with same extention, press the spacebar to select it. be sure
to continue to hold the ctrl key. once you have selected all the
files with the same extention, press the delete key and the files
will be deleted once you confirm you wish to delete the number of
multi-files. Of course, you could also drop to a dos box by pressing
windows key plus r then type cmd and press enter. once there, you
can type the drive letter: plus the folder name to open that folder
and now, you can use the familular dos command del *.xxx where xxx
is the extention of the files. hope this helps.

Legend has it that on Monday 6/15/2020 08:43 PM, Hank William Merchant
said:

Hello,

In Win10 when you are wanting to get rid of some particular files
all with the same extension in a folder, but not the other files
with different extensions in that same folder, is there a way to
tell Win10 to in that particular folder to only delete all the
files that have that same extension that you want to delete?

Llike in the old days, when we were still using dos and in dos to
delete only all the files with a particular same extension in a
directory, the dos command once you were located in that particular
directory was the dos command delete *. and the 3 letters
corresponding to the extension you particularly wanted to delete.

If maybe someone can help me with this, this would be so very much
appreciated. Much, much thanks in advance for any help with this.

All the best,
Warmest regards,

Hank