moderated Re: in win10 how do you get to the command prompt?

Hank William Merchant

Hello back Bill,

Thanks very much for getting back to me so soon with your very helpful info, so in win10, how does a person go to the command prompt so I can go to the particular directory that I want to delete some files in?

Much, much thanks for any possible help I can maybe get with this.

All the best,
Warmest regards,

Hank

Sent: Monday, June 15, 2020 10:46 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: in win10 in a folder how do you tell Win10 to delete only all the files that have a same particular extension but not the other files in that folder that have different extensions?

Hi, Hank. You must still do the same thing, like back in the days of DOS. You must go to Command Prompt, change to the directory, and perform the delete  *. and the 3 letters corresponding to the extension you particularly want to delete.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Hank William Merchant
Sent: Monday, June 15, 2020 6:43 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: in win10 in a folder how do you tell Win10 to delete only all the files that have a same particular extension but not the other files in that folder that have different extensions?

Hello,

In Win10 when you are wanting to get rid of some particular files all with the same extension in a folder, but not the other files with different extensions in that same folder, is there a way to tell Win10 to in that particular folder to only delete all the files that have that same extension that you want to delete?

Llike in the old days, when we were still using dos and in dos to delete only all the files with a particular same extension in a directory, the dos command once you were located in that particular directory was the dos command delete  *. and the 3 letters corresponding to the extension you particularly wanted to delete.

If maybe someone can help me with this, this would be so very much appreciated. Much, much thanks in advance for any help with this.

All the best,

Warmest regards,

Hank

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.