Jaws +f gives the font, but its the same, the colors are what is
different, and although the person says isomething was hilighted, that
is what was meant.

On Sat, 13 Jun 2020 14:37:10 -0400,
Adrian Spratt wrote:

John,

Fortunately, Glenn posted what seems like the definitive answer, a keystroke that's new to me. However, for the record, I was suggesting JAWS key+f, not +F2. I can see how JAWS caused the confusion, with the word "to" following "f" in my post.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of John Covici
Sent: Saturday, June 13, 2020 2:02 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: how to read highlighted text on web page

hmmm, jaws +f2 just says custom hilight and you can set the foreground and background, but seems no way to read them.

On Sat, 13 Jun 2020 13:28:59 -0400,
Adrian Spratt wrote:

One thought is to place focus on each of the options and, in each case, press JAWS key+f to compare fonts, etc. This may be all you need. Otherwise, it may tell you how the highlighted text differs from the non-highlighted.