From: Mike B
Sent: 12 June 2020 18:07
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Notifications

Here are a few notes on how to keep the pop-up notifications on the screen longer:

From: David Bailes
just to add that you can also change the time the notification remains opens in the Settings app, and it's simpler:
1. Press Windows key + U. The settings app opens at the Ease of Access page, with the first category, Display, selected.
2. Tab to the Show notifications for combo box, and select the time that you want.
David.
From: Bill White
Hi, David. It is easier if you don't use Settings to get to the notifications length setting.
1. Open Control Panel.
2. Navigate to Ease of Access, and press ENTER.
3. Navigate to the "Make it easier to focus on Tasks link and press ENTER.
4. TAB about ten times to the "How long should Windows Notification Dialog Boxes Stay Open" dialog.
5. Arrow up and down in the combo box to find your desired length.
6. TAB to the OK button, and press ENTER.
7. Now Windows Notifications will stay open longer.
Bill White
billwhite92701@...

From: Bill White
Hi again, David. I found where the Notification Length setting is when using Settings to open Ease of Access.
1. Open Settings.
2. Open Ease of Access.
3. Open Vision.
4. Open Display.
5. TAB nine times to Notifications, and select the length of displaying the notification.
Bill White
billwhite92701@...

Sent: Friday, June 12, 2020 9:13 AM

I don’t know why but this Windows keystroke has never worked for me personally. It may be that there is a time limited opportunity to press the command and by the time I have got my fingers in place the notification has gone.

The only keystroke which sometimes works for me is Windows A which takes me to the Action centre where some notifications will live.

However even this is not consistent as sometimes notification windows like the annoying DropBox messages will not be located even with this method. Thankfully DropBox seem to have finally got the  message I don’t want warnings of any kind from them.

David Griffith

Sent from Mail for Windows 10