moderated Re: Scanning with Open book versus JAWS

Richard Turner

Also, have you tried just unplugging the scanner and plugging it back in?

Especially if you updated to Windows 10 2004.

Or you may have to go into the printer and scanner settings and select it again.

Richard

"He that cannot forgive others breaks the bridge over which he must pass himself,” and we forget that only grace can break the cycle of ancient hatreds among peoples. (It is notable that while I have regretted not granting grace to others, I’ve never once regretted extending it.)" - Edward Herbert

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2020 6:42 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Scanning with Open book versus JAWS

After you press the, JAWS Key + Spacebar, then, O, for OCR, and press, A , for acquire.

You need to arrow to the scanner to select it in the Convenient OCR / Cameras and Scanners list dialog.  Now tab to, Acquire, and press spacebar or enter.
Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.
 *My body has absorbed so much soap and disinfectant lately that when I pee it cleans the toilet.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2020 2:38 PM

Subject: Re: Scanning with Open book versus JAWS

When I click “Acquire” my computer announces “ Finished – Failed to recognize text.” The scanner has not operated at all at this point. I have only 1 scanner and it is recognized in the “Convenient OCR” “Cameras and Scanners”  dialog. Any ideas why the scanner is not engaged or suggestions I might try to produce scanning?

J Edward Culpepper, PhD

Huntsville, Alabama

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.