moderated Re: Scanning with Open book versus JAWS

Mike B

After you press the, JAWS Key + Spacebar, then, O, for OCR, and press, A , for acquire.

 You need to arrow to the scanner to select it in the Convenient OCR / Cameras and Scanners list dialog.  Now tab to, Acquire, and press spacebar or enter.

Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2020 2:38 PM
Subject: Re: Scanning with Open book versus JAWS

When I click “Acquire” my computer announces “ Finished – Failed to recognize text.” The scanner has not operated at all at this point. I have only 1 scanner and it is recognized in the “Convenient OCR” “Cameras and Scanners”  dialog. Any ideas why the scanner is not engaged or suggestions I might try to produce scanning?

J Edward Culpepper, PhD

Huntsville, Alabama